Lee C. Kindlon
Lee Kindlon is one of the firm's most experienced trial attorneys. While he has represented clients in some of the area's most high-profile criminal cases, his courtroom experience has benefited clients across the legal spectrum.
Lee's experience in civil litigation includes matters based on contract, fraud, civil rights violations and negligence. He has successfully resolved a number of high-value personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Lee's practice also includes the representation of corporations and professionals in white collar criminal cases. From preventative advice for companies to successful resolution for those charged with financial crimes, fraud or larceny, Lee has the knowledge and experience to provide excellent legal representation.
After receiving his commission in the Marine Corps during law school, Lee returned to active duty in January 2003, and was stationed at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. During his three and a half years on active duty with the Marines, Lee worked as a Judge Advocate, first in Legal Assistance, and then as the prosecutor for Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune. In September 2005, he deployed to Iraq as a Battalion Judge Advocate and was stationed in Fallujah until April 2006.
Lee, an Albany native, attended Williams College, where he played football and graduated in 1998 with a degree in History. After graduation, Lee attended the University of Connecticut School of Law. He concentrated his studies in Constitutional and Criminal Law and received his law degree in 2002.
Lee was admitted to practice in New York State in December 2002 and the District of Columbia in January 2008. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals and he is certified to practice in all military courts.
Areas of Practice
- 50% Criminal Defense
- 30% Personal Injury
- 20% Matrimonial Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 2002
- District of Columbia, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Military Circuit Courts, 2003
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 2002
- Williams College, Williamstown, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 1998
- Major: History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Drug Treatment Courts, Member, 2011 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Albany County Alternate Public Defender, Assistant Alternate Public Defender, 2007 - 2012
- Albany County Public Defender, Assistant Public Defender, 2006 - 2007
- Marine Corps Reserve, Judge Advocate, 2006 - present
- Marine Corps, Judge Advocate, 2000 - 2006
Pro Bono Activities
- The Legal Project, 2012 - Present
- Veterans Stand Down, 2006 - Present